Sunday 15 August 2010

Tall Ships and Warm Winds

A warm wind is blowing today across Torbay and my mind is filled with feelings of freedom. Years ago I always knew when this sort of wind arrived it was time for me to be on the move. It is the wind that moves a tall ship across the miles of ocean, large sails filled and the sea rushing past. There is nothing else that comes close to the emotion that sends a shiver through every part of me.

We live in complicated times where so much is changing and sadly not for the better. The thing about working on a tall ship is that everyone has to pull together for a common purpose. Yet today too many people don't pull for the greater good and simply take without giving.

My theme for 2010 has been about pulling together but to do that you really have to question your own life. In the words of folk singer Tom Paxton "My own life is all I can hope to control and so my life be lived for the good of my soul."

It's a start.




No comments:

Post a Comment